Brussels, 30-05-2018 – On 18 September 2018 ESAE members are invited to reserve a seat and participate to their interactive lobbying workshop from 9 to 11 am, which will take place at Press Club in rue Froissart 95, 1000 Brussels.
The European Society of Association Executives (ESAE) in collaboration with their sponsor KELLEN organizes a lobbying event in September. The workshop will see its attendees participating interactively in a “House of Commons” style discussion.
Morning coffee and registration (8,30 am)
- Welcome speech by Florence Bindelle (5 minutes)
- Introduction by Alfons Westgeest: lobbying intro – what is ‘lobby’, the importance of strategy setting? (15 minutes)
- Three key skills to become the perfect lobbyist, introduced and moderated by Rafael Plata:
- Knowledge and importance of information by Wouter Lox (5 minutes + 10 minutes’ exchange with Rafael Plata)
- People skills by Tanguy van de Werve (5 minutes + 10 minutes’ exchange with Rafael)
- Advocacy communication by Tania Pentcheva (5 minutes’ intro + 10 minutes’ exchange with the audience by Rafael)
- Closing by Dr. Rachel Barlow of the Association Leadership Academy (15 minutes) on the profile of what is required to be a perfect lobbyist.